The Flinders Ranges has much more to offer than bush walking!
Pichi Richi Park is truly geared for school activities. There is hill climbing, creeks, orienteering, volleyball, animals, knot tying, build a campfire, shelter building and much more…
Camp Fire Cooking and Bonfires
At Pichi Richi Park we have a large campfire with undercover camp kitchen. Each cabin has their own private Camp Fire (subject to fire bans). We even share our favourite damper recipe!
Bush Walks and Hiking
Some of our local favourites;
- Dutchmans Stern
- Waukarie Creek
- Warrens Gorge loop walk
- Devils Peak (across the road)
- Alligator Gorge
- Jacobs Gully (onsite)
- Angels Reach (onsite)
Pichi Richi Train
The Pichi Richi Train weaves through the Pichi Richi Pass right pass our front door. Various heritage trains, several event trains including the Austral Luncheon Car. Private hire is available for all types of special occasions. Workshop tours are also available in Quorn and don’t forget to visit the souvenir shop at the old Quorn Railway Station.
Timetable & Bookings available 1800 440 101 or www.prr.org.au
Within 100km radius
- Explore stone culvert and walls built for the original Ghan Railway in the Pass by the Chinese/convicts (on boundary)
- Explore the diverse features over the property creeks/scrubland/ geology
- Explore ruins of Pichi Richi town site and cemetery (2km from Park centre)
- Discover the section of the Heysen Trail that runs over the property
- Bike to Quorn on the Mawson Trail
Great Destinations in the Flinders near Pichi Richi Park
- A walk up Devil’s Peak from the east (get there by vehicle) and return to a picnic lunch at the base amongst the gums or we get you access direct from the Park
- There are a number of gorges within ¾ hour of Pichi Richi Park (Visit the Quorn Tourist Office for full information or ask us)
- Pichi Richi Historical Train Ride or the monthly Lunch Train
- Pichi Richi Railway workshops & visitors information centre
- Historic walk around Quorn along with numerous coffee stopovers!
- Quorn Native Flora Reserve (known as Powell Gardens)
- Warrens Gorge (beautiful loop walk 3 & 5km trails) & the Yellow Footed Rock Wallabies
- Moralana drive to Black Gap (original entrance to Wilpena by horseback) is the best drive around. It can be combined with a visit to Aboriginal sites a Yourumbulla or Arkaroo Rock just past Black Gap – before Wilpena.
- Kanyaka Ruins (a floor plan available from Pichi Richi Office)
- Walk Dutchmans Stern Conservation Park (20km from the Park – an excellent loop walk)
- Horseshoe Range – great 4wd tracks
- Day trip to Hawker (67km); Panoramic Art Gallery onto Wilpena Pound Resort (52kms)
- Port Augusta; Wadlata, Augusta Water Cruise, Royal Flying Doctor Base, Aquatics & Outdoor Centre